I am stepping down from my usual 6+ months engagements as a Consultant to “short term” Innsitting. From personal experience, I know the necessity of innkeepers to take time away from their business. I believe I am “A Perfect Innsitter” to fill the void while you are away from your Inn, B & B or Boutique Hotel!
Based on my experience in social work, teaching, and serving as a business consultant for many years prior to becoming an owner of a full service Country Inn and Restaurant. I have made it my business of understanding why travelers choose an Inn, B&B or Boutique Hotel over other types of lodging. I used this knowledge and experience to consulting on a long term basis to both the lodging and restaurant industry after selling my own Country Inn.
I am confident I can provide you with the quality of service and personal touch that you desire for your inn and your guests while you are away.
As a fun note . . . Several years ago, I was fortunate to be selected to prepare a dinner as a “Featured Inn” with Bobby Flay on his show “Food Nation” on the Food Network. What fun that was and is my claim to “fifteen minutes of fame!”
Recipes shared on the show.
Scallops with Country Ham and Red Eye Gravy
Pork Loin with Wild Huckleberry Sauce
- My first step is getting familiar with your Inn or B&B.
- Next I begin clarification of your expectations of my contractual services while innsitting.
- I make it a point to research the area prior to engaging with guests, so I will be able to make recommendations for places to visit, dine or seek entertainment which will add to the guest enjoyment and satisfaction.
- Due to my familiarity with most reservation systems; if I don’t know your specific system, it’s usually easy for me to learn it quickly.
- My many years of experience preparing and serving delicious meals with beautiful presentations. I can prepare your menu, or use some from my own repertoire of recipes.
- I am comfortable and experienced managing staff from one to twenty persons.
- I have experience managing a successful high end restaurant and can work with your food service staff as needed.
- Most importantly, I will keep your establishment operation the same as if you were there
- Happy guests and staff from start to finish!
My Goals Are . . .
To provide you with peace of mind that you have left your business in the best of hands while you are away!
Each of your guests will leave with a smile and a plan to return and recommend your wonderful establishment!